This is my version of Batman's grapple gun. Batman had many versions in the movies and games and this is my design for Pinshapes Batman VS Superman contest.
It's a functional toy gun with a hook-projectile. When the projectile comes out of the gun it automatically puts up its hooks. The projectile is connected to the gun with a cord inside of the gun. One side of the round chamber is loose so you can turn it and roll up the cord inside. There is also a chamber inside the handle for a 9V battery for a LED at the front of the gun. A stand for the gun is also included.
You should print everything with minimum 3 shells and 20-30% infill and the chamber for the projectile with 5 shells and 90 % infill. The HandleRubber.stl should be printed with rubber-material, but can also be printed with other materials. The Light.stl should be printed with transparent material if you want to add a LED.
You need 43 pieces of the Pin.stl, but everything else just once. The ProjectileBodyWithArms.stl should be printed with supports just under the arms and the upper rings. If your slicer automatically makes support behind the arms, remove them in your slicer programm or add manually the needed support. You also need support for the most parts, some more, some less. The files are all pre-aligned for your printbed to get the best look out of the parts.
You need also the following non-printed parts (some are optional):
- spring 10mm x 75mm x 1mm
- spring 7mm x 19mm
- 1x cylindrical head screw M3 x 45mm
- 4x cylindrical head screw M3 x 35mm
- 2x cylindrical head screw M3 x 20mm
- 2x cylindrical head screw M3 x 28mm (cut off 30mm)
- 4x cylindrical head screw M3 x 38mm (cut off 40mm)
- 13x M3 nuts
- 2x M3/M4 washers for the cord chamber (for better unrolling of the cord)
- cord (waxed) 1mm 2-4 meters
- flexible cord 2mm 1 meter
- 3mm blue led (optional)
- 1 micro switch (optional)
- cable (optional)
- matching resistor for the led (optional)
- 9V battery and connector (optional)
I hope you like my design. If you print it, please upload some pictures. Thank you!