No Prints Yet
Be the first to upload a Print for this Design!
This is a vortex generator for a DIY Dust Collection system. It is designed to work with standard 1.25" Shop Vac hoses and mounts to the lid of any bucket with a lid.
- Print top and bottom pieces
- Trace hole at bottom of vortex generator onto bucket lid and cut out the hole making sure no edges protrude to the inside
- Mark the bolt holes onto the lid by tracing the mount holes in the mounting flange of the bottom piece and drill out slightly larger than 5mm
- lay a bead of silicone adhesive on the up facing surface of the bottom piece and then join the top and bottom and squeeze together
- lay a bead of silicone adhesive on the bottom of the flange and bolt to the bucket lid using M5 bolts with washers. (it may be wise to build a backing plate to go inside the lid as some lids are very thin)
- allow to dry 24hrs
- put lid on bucket
- insert vacuum side hose into top hole
- press another hose onto the horizontal inlet
- Turn on vacuum and check for any leaks at mounting point and top/bottom joint
- hook up to tool and turn on vacuum for improved filter life and reduced maintenance!