This project came about from exploration of some novel threaded assembly mechanisms. Here I tried to utilize my thread concept to make a clamp that was as strong as possible, with 100% 3d printed parts. For this, careful consideration needed to be made so that each part respects the grain of the 3d print. It is, however, still a 3d printed plastic clamp, so don't get too crazy with it!
I printed everything with standard draft settings, in PLA. Through testing, I found that the small "SlideHinge" parts are always the first things to fail. They break off at the very tip of the end that captures the rotating knob. So if you wanted it stronger with minimal changes, you could print the "SlideHinge" part solid.
Watch this thing crushing stuff: