No Prints Yet
Be the first to upload a Print for this Design!
Judges/Everyone - please view the Making-Of video at https://vimeo.com/181556448 (dozens of hours went into video production). Features:
- Design Methodology
- Engineering Challenges
- Assembly Demonstration
- Excellent Handwriting!
Spin Sling 360 Knob to Lever Kit was designed to turn door knobs into levers.
Functional Design Features
- Concave Lever for Easy Fist Handling
- Free Spinning Lever for Easy Pulling
- Universal Design for All Knob Diameters
3D Printing Features
- 100% 3D Printed - no hardware (nuts, bolts, etc.)
- No Post-Processing - all parts print without supports
- Basic Materials (PLA or ABS) - no exotic filament required (like flexible filament)
- All Mechanical Connections - no adhesives/glue
A New 'Spin' On Door Levers
Fundamentally, door levers are made to grasp with fingers. There is not enough clearance between the door and the lever for a fist when pulling. The Spin Sling 360 has a concave lever that spins. Simply turn your wrist to spin the lever and the concave shape adds extra clearance for your fist. Brilliant.
All parts were printed as follows:
- Nozzle: 0.4mm
- Layer Height: 0.1mm
- Speed: 50mm/s
- Supports: None
- Adhesion: Skirt
- Infill Density: 20%
- Slicer: Cura