No Prints Yet
Be the first to upload a Print for this Design!
A set of useful accessories for desktop CNC machines (3018 CNC) and also 2020 aluminium extrusion profile.
The accessories are:
· Mountings for all three axis endstops at both ends (6 Switches).
· Feet - Stabilising feet that slide into the 2020 profile aluminium.
· 2020 aluminium endcaps - Makes the 2020 profile look nice with and less sharp edges.
· Crank handle - Useful hand crank the X and Y axis. (Needs excess of lead screws protruding).
· Axis Knob - A simpler alternative to Crank Handle(2 screw grips for when there isn't much lead screw).
· Bed Clamps - To hold down your work piece.
· 2020 Cable Clamps - Simple right-angles for 2020 profile to hold wires in place. (M3,M4&M5 versions)
· Power Switch Box - Fit a rocker power switch and toggle switch for Spindle/laser.
· M3-T-Nut - Use M3 nuts as sliding t-nuts on 2020 aluminium profile.
· 2020 aluminium profile right-angle (28mm x 28mm) For joining 2020 profile at 90 degrees (many CNC kits seems to be missing some of these)
The Y-Axis endstop is just one mount for both front and back switches. The switches are activated by two tabs mounted under the bed with M3 screws, nuts and the printed M3 T-nut converters (T-Nut-M3.stl)
The upper Z-Axis switch is clamped to the Z-Stepper motor RHS mounting posts. The lowers mount just clips on. Make sure the Z-Axis drive lead screw is properly engage with the stepper motor spindle collar on you CNC otherwise the switches may not make contact when the ends are hit. (The lower Z-Axis limit switch is actually not really necessary so you may want to give it a miss.)
To wire the switches to the control board, it is likely that you will need some Dupoint crimps/header connectors.
Additional items needed:
6 microswitches (KW12-3)
12 pcs of M2.5 x 12mm screws (pan head) and nuts to fit the switches
4 pcs M5 x 10mm screws(pan head) and M5 sliding T-nuts to fit the mounts
3 pcs M3 x 10mm screws (pan head) and nuts to fit the upper Z mount and Y-Carriage actuator tabs.
Checkout this excellent article for more info on endstops
Power Switch Box
The power switch box lets you add a much needed on/off switch in line with the supply PSU. Use a rocker switch for a panel cut-out of 19mm x 13mm (very common). Fit a 5.5mm X 2.1mm DC Power Socket to supply power through the switch to a 5.5mm x 2.1mm DC jack that will connect to the control board. https://www.banggood.com/5_5mm-X-2_1mm-DC-Power-Supply-Metal-Jack-Socket-With-Nut-And-Washer-p-934446.html
Fit a miniature change-over (SPDT) toggle switch (1/4" / 6.3mm) wired to the Laser/Spindle selection header pins for easy motor/laser selection.
If you don't have a laser, there is a version without this option.