- One day like today in 1971 my father bought his first tractor. Today in its 45th anniversary, I proudly present my next project, the OpenRC tractor. It's an open source 1/10 scale replica of an original Ebro 160D tractor. I designed it all from scratch and 3D printed all parts. Then, I added some electronics, nuts and bolts and I made it work!
I also prepared some basic instructions and BOM, so you can easily print and assemble your own tractor. It is designed to be easy to print and no supports are needed for any part.
Points to bear in mind:
- As part of optional parts, you'll find different optional plates. There is one for Spain and one for Sweden because there are already OpenRC tractors in both countries. If you print your tractor and you would like to have a plate with your country letters, write a comment and I will try to add it.
- Recommended motors have poor torque. They work on smooth surfaces but not off-road. I'm preparing a mod to upgrade the tractor with a more powerful motor (coming soon...)
- I used same bearings as OpenRC formula1 to make it easier for those who already have the F1.
And you know what the best thing is? You can design your own tools!
With OpenRC tractor, possibilities are endless, some tools coming soon... (watch the video and more pictures at makitpro.com)
There is a lot of work put into this project, hope you like it and to see your prints soon!
- Get the tractor trailer at https://pinshape.com/items/279...
- Get the motor mod to use a standard 540 size motor at https://pinshape.com/items/279...
- Get the tractor fertilizer at https://pinshape.com/items/287... watch the video at http://makitpro.com/index.php/...
UPDATE: (5-12-16): Added connections detail for micro-motors (for standard motor check https://pinshape.com/items/279...) and for steering.
UPDATES: More updates and FAQ section with more information about assembly and materials can be found at http://bit.ly/openRCtractor