Prints (0)

Description

This is another carry over from my wood projects on my CNC router.  It has been a hit for the grandkids in wood, so I thought it might look good in  the 3D printed version also.  Whenever you make these type of puzzles, the tolerances are always critical so they will fit together easily.  I used the same tolerance as I used in wood which gave a good loose fit for that material.  When I printed it on the 3D printer, it came out even better looking than the wood versions.  The tolerances are a little tight though.  I printed this with eSun PLA + at 200 microns resolution with 25% infill.  Print all pieces laying flat.  I put small chamfers on all edges to help assembly.  The initial assembly was very tight, but after putting together a few times, all the layer ridges on the sides started to wear down and I actually think it works well with a semi-tight fit.  You may have to sand off any zits or blobs on the sides to get it to fit better.  If it is still tight, sand a little more.  When assembled, it is about 5" wide and 6.25" high and 0.75" thick.  This was was printed with brown, flesh, and orange colors.  I have seen them painted all kinds of colors in the wood version, so have fun with colors.  Once the edges were worn a little, I was quite pleased with the result and it will end up in another grandchild's hands soon.  Enjoy!

Design Files

File Size

Beak.STL
137 KB
Body.stl
329 KB
Left Eye.STL
224 KB
Left Foot.STL
300 KB
Left Wing.STL
330 KB
Right Eye.STL
225 KB
Right Foot.STL
298 KB
Right Wing.STL
329 KB

Comments

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now

×