No Prints Yet
Be the first to upload a Print for this Design!
What? Did you think that self-replicating 3D printers are fully grown when they are born?
This made a great avatar for me on Thingiverse when I first started 3D printing with "MacGyvrBot" back in 2013.
Print two sets of baby bot parts using two different colors of ABS.
- Coat the parts with solvent* to make them strong, sand off flanges and rough spots, then coat again and sand again.
- Make sure all the parts fit together, then assemble two-colored baby bots and solvent-bond the parts.
- Sand again to make smooth joints and coat with solvent again for a glossy finish.
- Drill tiny holes and use pieces of extruded filament to go from the spool to the extruder.
- -Use CAUTION during solvent bonding!
- -Use solvent with MEK (methyl ethyl keytone) such as Oatey cleaner (yellow label white can) made for ABS plumbing pipe (or use acetone or superglue).
- -Work in well-ventilated area.
- -Use eye protection.
- -The solvent dissolves many things, and the wet plastic stains whatever it touches!
- -Use latex NOT vinyl gloves!
- -Use aluminum foil on work surface!
- -The solvent can also be used to heal delaminated parts, but BE CAREFUL!