No Prints Yet
Be the first to upload a Print for this Design!
This is the BK117 Clutch Cap Removal Tool for removing the freewheeling clutch caps on the main transmission of a BK117 type Helicopter.
Please see pictures for assembly. Video of how it works
I recommend printing these in a Strong material with 100% infill or having Shapeway print them out of Strong Flexiable Plastic (Nylon).
I have printed two myself, one out of Taulmans Alloy 910, and the other with Polymakers PC-Plus. Both feel like they should be strong enough.
*Note: I have not had a chance to use the tool, so right now this is in Beta, and I may have to update and add changes after I have been able to use it. But feel free to print and test yourself. I would appreciate any feedback.
Other Parts required
- Need 2 "Clamp (CCRT-2)" - Print yourself with 100% infill out of a strong material. Or find at Shapeway at this link, https://www.shapeways.com/product/5NUR5ETN3/bk117-clutch-cap-tool-clamp-p-n-ccrt-2?li=search-results-1&optionId=59102278
- Need 2 "Pull Handle (CCRT-1)" - Print yourself with 100% infill out of a strong material. Or find at Shapeway at this link, https://www.shapeways.com/product/MUZRRSAAQ/bk117-clutch-cap-tool-pull-handle-p-n-ccrt-1?li=search-results-1&optionId=59103886
- Need 2 "Jam Nuts with 1/4"-20 threads" Find at Mcasters-Carr under P/N:93839A029 or Local Hardware Store.
- Need 1 "Lock Nut with 1/4"-20 threads" Find at Mcasters-Carr under P/N:990566A029 or Local Hardware Store.
- Need 1 Cap Screw. Find at Mcmasters-Carr under P/N:91309A552. Or Local Hardware Store. It is 2.5" long, with threads that are 1/4"-20. The threads need to run the whole length of the screw.