* Rank beginner here so "stars" are right in the middle as I have no reference point.
* The printer arrived within 2 or 3 days and was in operation within 2 or 3 hours following the simple instructions. Past that point it's been all trial and ERROR -- my error. Hands on learning. Had this printer only 2 or 3 days.
* The PLA filament that comes with the printer is International Orange but OK for tests. The white ABS is getting most of the use at present. Only thing useful printed so far is a set of M1911 pistol grips. We had a power failure during a long, overnight build of a utility box that has yet to be printed. Patience is indeed a virtue as 3D printing takes hours -- no instant gratification here! The printer is 30% into a print of a front grip for a rifle that fits on the lower rail system. Third try. Took the first two to realize the design will only print well in one orientation due to angles, etc.
* Playing with fill. Nice set of key hooks met disaster when merely dropped onto a hardwood floor.
* Located a local 3D print store so I'll be visiting this week for some better/different color filament and some expert advice.
* White ABS filament working better at 250°C and bed at 100°C.
* Designs here have been very helpful.