eMaker Huxley modified Z endstop

Prints (0)


This is my first attempt at a modification to my printer and I'm pretty pleased with it. I love printing with my Huxley - http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5631 - but one of the frustrations is the major impact on print quality with even minor variation in the height of the nozzle when printing the first layer. I use spark plug feeler gauges to set the height to 0.2 mm for a 0.3 mm layer height but I found the method of adjusting the Z-endstop didn't give me the level of control I wanted. So I replace the old bracket with a new longer one; I found an old 6 mm hex head bolt with a couple of nuts that fitted; I added a couple of parametric thumbwheels - http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:13807; and finally, I designed a new bracket to fit on the side of the X-motor bracket.

Design Files

File Size

327 KB
164 KB
14 KB


Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now