No Prints Yet
Be the first to upload a Print for this Design!
Summary After about 3 years of use, the y-axis motor holder in my Makerbot 2X cracked and broke into multiple pieces. My printer couldn't really control it's movement along the y-axis, and the quality of my prints was nonexistent. This was sad. I made a new piece on OpenSCAD, and printed it at school. IMPORTANT: PRINT THIS IN ABS PLASTIC (or something stronger) I had originally printed this in PLA, but after about only half an hour of printing with it attached, the side touching the motor started to melt (for some reason the motor was at 130*C), and with the weight of the motor, it warped out of shape, and the prints started dying again. I swapped it out with one printed in ABS, and thus far it hasn't had that problem.